IncrediBuild Cloud enables you to utilize cloud-based Virtual Machines (VMs) to infinitely increase the number of cores you can use for executing tasks, without needing to install in advance any Helper Agent on on-premises or cloud machine, or launch and maintain any cloud resource.
IncrediBuild Cloud can be used in a pure cloud environment or a hybrid-cloud environment.
Getting Started – Set up IncrediBuild Hybrid Cloud
In a hybrid cloud environment, all or some of your development, build, and testing resources are located on-premises or Cloud VMs. In this environment, you can install the Coordinator and Initiator Agents on either on-premises machines or Cloud VMs.
Install the Coordinator on either on-premises machine or on a VM in your Cloud environment
Install IncrediBuild Initiator Agent on every machine from which the task executions will be initiated. This can be either an on-premises machine or a VM in your Cloud environment. During the Agent installation process via the Setup Wizard, connect the Initiator Agents to the Coordinator you installed in the previous step.
Getting Started – Set up IncrediBuild Pure Cloud
In a pure cloud environment all of your development, build, and testing resources and processes are located and performed on the cloud. In this environment, you are required to install the Coordinator and the Initiator Agents on the cloud as well.
On Azure platform, install IncrediBuild Coordinator on a VM.
Note: You can also install the Coordinator via Azure Marketplace – IncrediBuild Pure Cloud section. By purchasing IncrediBuild Cloud via the Marketplace, you get IncrediBuild Coordinator and an Initiator Agent installed on your preferred region. You then need to bring-your-own-license (BYOL), by purchasing an IncrediBuild license
Install an IncrediBuild Initiator Agent on every VM from which task executions will be initiated. During the Agent installation process via the Setup Wizard, connect the Initiator Agents to the Coordinator you installed in the previous step
Activating IncrediBuild Cloud
The activation of IncrediBuild Cloud is done via the Coordinator Monitor. During the activation process, you connect to Azure/AWS using your account, and define the settings of your IncrediBuild Cloud solution. Once you complete the activation process, an IncrediBuild pool is created for you under your Azure/AWS subscription, and your development and testing tasks can be accelerated using dynamically allocated cloud resources.
Note: The activation process is the same for a pure cloud environment and a hybrid environment.
1. Open the Coordinator Monitor , and click the Scale to Cloud button.
2. On the Welcome page, click the TRY INCREDIBUILD CLOUD button.
3. On the Select Your Cloud Provider page, select either Azure or AWS .
4. On the ‘Sign in’ page, enter the sign-in credentials of your Azure or AWS account and click Next . On the following page, enter your password and click Next .
5. On the Permissions page, read the request details and click Accept .
6. On the IncrediBuild Cloud Settings page, configure the settings of your solution and click Save .
7. On the Activation confirmation message, click the Approve and Activate button.
8. Once you approve the final step in the activation process, the following occurs:
- The Cloud Development Acceleration World page -appears.
- IncrediBuild Cloud starts creating a VM pool on Azure/AWS platform. On the Coordinator Monitor, the Scale to Cloud button toggles to Creating Pool:
Note: The pool creation process may take up to 10 minutes.
Once the pool is created, the Scale to Cloud button toggles to Cloud Enabled:
In addition, IncrediBuild icon in the toolbar flashes, and you receive a confirmation email.
9. Congratulations! IncrediBuild Cloud environment is now up and running, and your tasks will be dynamically distributed across cloud resources to ensure optimized performance and cost-efficiency.