MyTechBits, August 18, 2015
By Keith Hearn
Click here to read the article in MyTechBits
IncrediBuild – The Only Solution to Accelerate Any Development Tool, Out of the Box, Without Vendor Lock-In
IncrediBuild, the leading solution provider of software development acceleration technology, today launched IncrediBuild for Linux and Android during LinuxCon North America , a suite of out-of-the-box acceleration solutions enabling Linux and Android developers to accelerate their software development up to 30x faster. IncrediBuild for Linux and Android also allows developers to visualize their build process with no vendor lock-in or need to change their development toolchain or workflow.
IncrediBuild saves hours of developers’ time waiting for their build, testing, packaging, or other development processes as part of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process.
This unique solution, the first time available for Linux and Android developers, helps developers streamline development cycles by running development processes in a distributed fashion — slashing significant time to market and development cost. IncrediBuild uses a “Docker-like” proprietary innovative distributed container technology to enable fast processing of development tasks in parallel, allowing developers to turn their computer into a virtual supercomputer by harnessing idle cores from remote machines across the network and in the cloud, increasing performance, speeding build time, and improving developer productivity.
IncrediBuild for Linux and Android supports the most popular Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CentOS and can accelerate most built tools and various development tools without any integration, changes to source code, or build tools environment. IncrediBuild for Linux is the only solution that allows organizations running multiple Linux distributions to accelerate their development on the same platform. For example, teams running Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, as well as Ubuntu can all benefit from IncrediBuild’s power without configuring different build processes for each platform separately.
“Being able to directly visually audit the build process to look for bottlenecks while reducing execution time with IncrediBuild significantly speeds up our ability to deliver innovative solutions to customers,” said Richard Trotter, DevOps Support Engineer at GeoTeric.
- Immediate “Out of the Box” deployment
- Accelerate any development tool or application up to 30x faster
- Build Visualization and Analytics
- Agile and Continuous Delivery Enablement
“We are very excited to be launching IncrediBuild for Linux and to provide Linux and Android developers with the leading development acceleration tools that, until now, have only been available for Windows developers,” said Eyal Maor, CEO of IncrediBuild. “Industry-leading companies have already been using IncrediBuild for Linux during our extensive beta program and the results have exceeded our expectations.”
- Immediate “Out of the Box” deployment – As the only enterprise solution on the market that is truly plug-and-play, developers using IncrediBuild can be operational in minutes, without the need for system integrators or professional services. With IncrediBuild for Linux there is no need for developers to change their source code, build tool or build scripts, enabling easy adoption and implementation. IncrediBuild is the only solution that let teams to speed up their development tooling and quickly deliver to the market, thus enabling flexibility and preventing vendor lock-in.
- Accelerate any development tool or application – IncrediBuild is the only solution that accelerates any multi-process compute-intensive process. Up until now, Linux and Android developers could only accelerate Make and GCC, two build tools. Many teams are using other tools or even their own tooling. In addition to compilation acceleration using Make and GCC, it is the only solution that accelerates many different development tools and applications such as Make variants (GMake, QMake, CMake) Gradle, Scons, WAF, Rake, Ruby and others. Various testing tools such as GTest, as well as many compilers out-of-the-box, such as gcc, c++, g++, clang, icc, cc1, arm variants, java, javac, cuda, Intel C++ compiler. IncrediBuild is the only solution that allows developers to easily configure any other development tool that supports multi-job execution such as packaging, QA scripts, rendering tools, and other time-consuming development processes including home-grown tools.”
- Build visualization and Analytics – IncrediBuild allow a developer to record and replay the entire build process execution and provide an intuitive real time monitoring to build execution in a very easy to use graphical representation providing statistics and reporting. It allows a developer to drill into low-level data as well as monitor their build health, identify and detect key errors and detect build dependencies, anomalies, and inefficiencies. It is the only solution that provides a centralized area to inspect previous builds, replay, and analyze them. This helps enable and optimize Continues Delivery as well as aid regulatory compliance. Until now the only way Linux developers could analyze what was going on as they compiled their software was to rely on the command line and long textual output.
- Continuous integration enablement – Accelerating any continuous integration cycle with tools, such as Jenkins or even your homegrown solution by simply modifying a single command. IncrediBuild breaks the performance barrier of your continuous integration agent. You can now run any number of builds a day. Build time is no longer a showstopper. With IncrediBuild, there is no need for build managers to switch CI servers. You can now scale to run any number of parallel builds and each will be up to 30x faster.
IncrediBuild is a sponsor of LinuxCon North America and will be exhibiting at booth 301 from August 17-19, 2015.
IncrediBuild for Linux is available at https://www.incredibuild.com/incredibuild-for-linux-solution.html